Contoh Cerita Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Adi has been living in Surabaya for all his life. He has a book. He has had that books for three months. Now, he wants to read. Adi reads book in a room. Adi has a friend. Her name is Anna. She is not from Surabaya. She has been living in Surabaya since 2012.
His mother has cooked and his father is taking a bath when Anna calls him. She wants to play with him. Anna asks Adi, “Do you want to play with me?”
Adi answers, “Ok. Come here. I have finished reading a good book and I am watching TV with my mom.”
Adi and Anna play together. After hours, Adi asks Anna, “Have you eaten already?”
Anna replies, “No, I haven’t. I am hungry.”
At last, they go to kitchen for eating. Adi does not like chicken. He eats vegetables. Anna eats chicken but she does not like vegetables. They do not like eggs.
Adi’s mother comes and says, “What are you doing here? Don’t eat here.“
Adi and Anna go to dining room.
Cerita diatas menggunakan bentuk waktu Simple Present Tense (SPT), Present Continuous Tense (PCT), Present Perfect Tense (PPT) dan Present Perfect Continuous Tense (PPC). PPC digunakan sebagai berikut:
- Untuk mengatakan kejadian yang telah terjadi pada waktu lampau dan masih berlangsung sampai sekarang
– He has been living in Surabaya for all his life
– I have been reading a book.
- Untuk menyatakan kejadian yang baru saja terjadi dalam kurun waktu tertentu
– He has been playing futsal recently.
– They have been working a lot
PPC mempunyai struktur sebagai berikut:
- Kalimat positif: Subject + has/have + been +V-ing
– I have been reading this book
– Your father has been working a lot
- Kalimat negatif: subject + has/have + not + been + V-ing
– I have not been reading this book
– Your father has not been working a lot
- Kalimat tanya: Has/Have + subject + been + V-ing
– Have I been reading this book?
– Has your father been working a lot?