I saw that house, a building that held a lot of my memories. The shape of that house was so simple, rectangular, white-painted walls, wooden fence. I had saved my salaries for 5 years before I bought that house. I still remembered, my wife was so happy at that time. She smiled, smiled, smiled every time. We had finished our dinner before she called her mother. “Mom, Rudy told me that he bought a house.”
That home has been sold for the treatment of her. That sweetest memories have gone. My wife passed away at the age 28 from breast cancer, more than 5 years ago, but I still miss her. Now, I live my life alone.
Past perfect tense digunakan untuk menyatakan:
- Suatu kejadian lebih dahulu terjadi daripada yang lain di masa lampau
- I had practiced guitar before I went to her house
- She said she had practiced piano
- Suatu kejadian terjadi sebelum waktu tertentu di masa lampau
- I had bought my house before 2014
- She had never watched a TV before 10 O’clock.
- Suatu kejadian yang dimulai di masa lampau dan berlangsung sampai beberapa waktu di masa lampau.
- Dono had owned a motorcycle for 3 years before he switched to bicycle
- I Had had dated with Sonya Pandarmawan for 2 years before we broke up.
Rumus untuk membentuk past perfect tense adalah sebagai berikut:
- Kalimat positif
Subject + had + past participle
I had saved my salaries before I bought that house
We had finished our dinner before she called her mother.
- Kalimat negatif
Subject + had + not + past participle
I hadn’t saved my salaries before I bought that house
We hadn’t finished our dinner before she called her mother.
- Kalimat tanya
Had + subject + past participle
Had I saved my salaries before I bought that house?
Had we finished our dinner before she called her mother?